Application Characteristics of Epoxy Plate
1. the epoxy plate is varied. Various resins, curing agents and modifier systems can almost meet the requirements of various applications for form, which can range from very low viscosity to high melting point solids.
2. It is convenient to cure. With a variety of different curing agents, the epoxy resin system can be cured almost at the temperature range of 0~180 degrees C.
3. Strong adhesion. The  of the polar and ether bonds inherent in the molecular chain of the epoxy resin has a high adhesion to a variety of substances. The shrinkage of epoxy resin is low and the internal stress is small. It also helps to
improve the adhesion strength.
4. the contractility is low. The reaction between epoxy resin and curing agent is carried out by direct addition reaction or ring opening polymerization of cyclooxygenate in resin molecule, and no water or other volatile by-products are
released. They show very low shrinkage (less than 2%) in the curing process compared with unsaturated polyester resin and phenolic resin.
5. Mechanical properties. The cured epoxy resin system has excellent mechanical properties.