Main Features of Glass Fiber
Raw material and its application: compared with organic fiber, glass fiber has high temperature resistance, no flammability, good corrosion resistance, heat insulation, sound insulation, high tensile strength and good electrical insulation. But it is brittle, poor wear resistance, used in the manufacture of reinforced plastics (see pictures) or reinforced rubber.
Glass fiber as a reinforcing material has the following characteristics:
(1) the tensile strength is high and the elongation is small (3%).
(2) the elastic coefficient is high and the rigidity is good.
(3) large stretch and high tensile strength within the elastic limit, so the absorption of impact energy is great.
(4) inorganic fiber, not flammable, good chemical resistance.
(5) small water absorption.
(6) scale stability and good heat resistance.
(7) good processability and can be used as a product of different forms, such as strands, bundles, felt and weaving.
(9) good with resin.
(10) the price is cheap.
(11) it is not easy to burn, and the glass bead can be melted at high temperature.