Modification of Epoxy Resin
The function of the modifier is to improve the flexibility of the epoxy resin, the anti alkali, the bending, the impact resistance, and the improvement of the insulation performance. The commonly used modifiers are:
(1) Polysulfide rubber: it can improve the impact strength and anti stripping performance.
(2) Polyamide resin: it can improve the brittleness and improve the bonding ability.
(3) Polyvinyl alcohol TERT butyral: improve impact tanning resistance.
(4) NBR: improve impact tanning resistance.
(5) Phenolic resin: it can improve the temperature resistance and corrosion resistance.
(6) Polyester resin: improve impact tanning resistance.
(7) Urinary aldehyde melamine resin: increase the resistance to chemical properties and strength.
(8) Furfural resin: improve the static bending performance and improve the acid resistance.
(9) Ethylene resin: improve the resistance to stripping and impact strength.
(10) Isocyanate: reducing moisture permeability and increasing water resistance.
(11) Silicone resin: improve heat resistance.
Vietnamese customers visit the factory
The amount of polysulfide rubber can be used between 50-300%, and the curing agent should be added. The amount of polyamide resin and phenolic resin is generally 50-100%. Polyester resin is generally used in 20-30%, can no longer add curing agent, or a small amount of curing agent to promote faster reaction. In general, the more the dosage of the modifier, the greater the flexibility, but the thermal deformation temperature of the resin products decrease accordingly. In order to improve the flexibility of resin, also used as toughening agent: dibutyl phthalate.