Ten Advantages of Epoxy Resin Matrix Composites
There are a lot of epoxy resin based products, for example, we often say that the epoxy board, epoxy and epoxy phenolic glass cloth rod, etc.. What are their advantages for so many epoxy – based products? Epoxy resin-based products manufacturing and processing Zhongtian Electric Group will explain it to everyone.
1. The formation of the material and the molding of the products are completed simultaneously. The production process of the advanced composite material is the production process of the product, and the process level directly affects the performance of the material or product. Using the characteristic of composite material forming and molding products at the same time, can realize large-scale products an integral molding, thereby simplifying product structure and reduce the number of parts and connecting parts, this is to reduce the quality of products, reduce consumption and improve the structure of the process performance is very favorable.
2. The processing performance is good and the comprehensive cost is low. A composite material can be formed in a variety of ways, and the choice of space is large, and cheap simple equipment and mould can be used. For single or small batch products, it is the most economical and easiest forming process.
3. The raw materials are cheap and the resin additivity is good. A large number of reinforced materials and fillers can be added to the composite. These fillers are widely used and low in price. It has a great effect on reducing the cost of raw materials.
4. The products are light and high strength, with outstanding specific strength and specific modulus. In particular, the relative density of fiber reinforced products is only 1.4-2.0, which is 1/4-1/6 of ordinary steel, lighter than 1/3 of aluminum alloy, and the mechanical strength is up to or surpassing that of ordinary steel.
5. The dimensional stability is good. The product has better dimensional stability under normal condition, and the shrinkage after forming is also very small. After long time loading, the creep of thermosetting plastics is much smaller than that of thermoplastic plastics.
6. Superior heat resistance. Especially when thermosetting resin matrix compositesare cured, they are no longer softening, and their products have good heat resistance. Glass fiber / phenolic resin is excellent insulation material for rocket and missile engines.
7. Excellent electrical performance. If the products made with mica filler are more excellent in electrical properties, they can be used to make special parts with excellent arc resistance, voltage resistance and induction characteristics. There is no electrochemical corrosion and stray current corrosion, and the products can be widely used in the manufacture of insulation parts in instruments, motors and electrical appliances.
8. excellent corrosion resistance. It is not conductive, and does not dissolve ions in electrolyte solution. Therefore, it has good chemical stability for atmospheric, water and ordinary acid, alkali, salt and other media.
9. Good surface performance. When contacting with chemical substances, there will be no corrosive substances on the surface and little scaling. The friction coefficient of the pipeline is small, the resistance is small, and a lot of power is saved.
10. The designability and configurability are significant. The resin based material belongs to the polymer material and has the plasticity. The material system that adapts to different requirements can be prepared by changing the type, proportion and arrangement of the raw materials.