The Characteristics of Glass Fiber
Glass fiber raw materials and applications: glass fiber than organic fiber, high temperature, non combustible, anti rot, heat insulation, sound insulation, high tensile strength, good electrical insulation. But it is brittle and poor in wear resistance. Used to make reinforced plastics or to strengthen rubber.
As a reinforcing material, glass fiber has the following characteristics. These characteristics make the use of glass fiber far more extensive than other kinds of fibers, and the speed of development is also far ahead.
Its characteristics are listed as follows:
(1) the tensile strength is high and the elongation is small (3%).
(2) the elastic coefficient is high and the rigidity is good.
(3) large stretch and high tensile strength within the elastic limit, so the absorption of impact energy is great.
(4) inorganic fiber, not flammable, good chemical resistance.
(5) small water absorption.
(6) scale stability and good heat resistance.
(7) good processability and can be used as a product of different forms, such as strands, bundles, felt and weaving.
(8) transparent through light.
(9) the development of the surface treatment agent which is good with the resin.
(10) the price is cheap.
(11) it is not easy to burn, and the glass bead can be melted at high temperature.