Which Types of Materials are Used as Insulating Materials for a Transformer?
Date: 18-12-26 By: ZTELEC GROUP
Various types of insulation materials are used in transformer for different purposes—
- Varnish on winding wires
- Butter paper inter layer insulation
- Leatheroid paper for interlayer and inter winding insulation
- Spacers if plastics, rubber or wood between winding sections in power transformers
- Spacers , insulation paper (Leatheroid) between windings and core
- Permali wood between windinds and cores and between core and tank.
- Varnish on core laminations
- Bushings of ceramic/ porcelain
- Epoxy resins for bushings and sealing.
- Rubber seals and gaskets